The mission of McConnell Elementary School is to provide a learning culture that fosters the personal growth, creativity, and academic excellence of each student while mastering the state standards in a child-centered atmosphere.
We at McConnell believe that:
- Students are the highest priority. They can learn and achieve at high levels with learning experiences based upon assessed and identified individual needs.
- High expectations are important for all students to learn, succeed, and achieve to the best of their ability.
- All students are valued as people and learners and have a right to learn in a secure, stimulating, child-centered environment that fosters lifelong learning.
- A variety of research based instructional strategies must be utilized to provide positive, challenging learning experiences for all students.
- Multiple assessment data sources must be used to evaluate student performance and guide and modify instruction to ensure student success achieving the school goals.
- To develop productive citizens, appropriate characters education must be provided to support positive relationships and interactions.
- All staff and stakeholders must be committed to their involvement in collaboration developing the child physically, intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
- The faculty and community must work as a team to make shared decisions and align local, state, and federal policies and procedures that support goals for student learning.